new hog reg ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah it's brand new. The day the first small batch came in last week I mentioned them to Mike, he bought a couple. I only got in a couple dozen in DIN and another 2 dozen in YOKE (Some guys have been saying they "need" yoke for their stages). I get in a large order approx the 20th and also some more HOG Second Stages (currently OOS) so was planning to start the "pump" on these then.

These are HIGH flow balanced Piston regs, like all HOG regs they are O2 Cleaned for use with 100% Oxygen to 2400psi, 80% Oxygen to 3400 psi out of box when new. 5 low Pressure ports on the swivel, one of which is located on the bottom:wink:

Trivalent Chroming process

I have been using this first stage on my cave setup for the last 4 months, I like very much.

The only drawback is this is NOT a cold water reg.

Trying not to open a wide debate of diaphragm vs piston, but more interested about the business segmentation behind the introduction of BP1: do you mainly target deep tech divers (like below 150ft or so) where maybe there could be a difference with piston reg ?

Trying not to open a wide debate of diaphragm vs piston, but more interested about the business segmentation behind the introduction of BP1: do you mainly target deep tech divers (like below 150ft or so) where maybe there could be a difference with piston reg ?

are you joking?:D That is a serious question that deserve a serious answer. I have always liked piston regs. I now offer a High Performance Balanced Piston reg. I will dive them, some of my students and friends will dive them. i hope like heck that others will buy them!:D

I like them for their flow and also as a tech always liked that they just didn't have as many HP seat issues as Diaphragm regs, however that was in the past and HP seats on Diaphragm regs are 1000% better now.

Well this has changed everything!

What do you define as the cold water limit?

Which of your 1st stages is going to be better on a single tank setup with long primary and necklace secondary which is what I am starting with?

1 or 2 HP ports?

Probably more questions later but that'll do for now.

Looks good BTW!

@BB1: Use balanced diaphragm first stages for back gas. Use balanced piston first stages for stages. Be happy. In theory, the piston first stages will perform better if the entire reg gets flooded.

My answers in red

Well this has changed everything!

What do you define as the cold water limit? depend on technique but I would recommend as a general rule to only use in water over 45 degrees Fahrenheit

Which of your 1st stages is going to be better on a single tank setup with long primary and necklace secondary which is what I am starting with? Hmmm. I would guess with turret down I would prefer the BP1 slightly over the D1 Cold, D1 or BP1 wouldn't care, with turret up they would be all pretty equal.

1 or 2 HP ports? 2, should have said that...

Probably more questions later but that'll do for now.

Looks good BTW!

I like them for their flow and also as a tech always liked that they just didn't have as many HP seat issues as Diaphragm regs, however that was in the past and HP seats on Diaphragm regs are 1000% better now.

I presume rebuild kits will be available as well and you reg rebuilding course will be updated to include these?

I presume rebuild kits will be available as well and you reg rebuilding course will be updated to include these?

yup! That is the plan

Back
Top Bottom