New Horizons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutch552

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Who has trained through New Horizons in Lexington? I am switching dive shops and organizations and this seems like a good PADI facility for my personality just based upon speaking with them on the phone and visiting various shops in KY. I want to eventualy achieve an instructor rating and want to choose my LDS wisely at this point. Any comments good or bad about said dive shop or its instructors?

I have received all of my training at New Horizons....open water to Divemaster. They have an excellent instructor that works there by the name of Ed Gabe. Ed is a PADI instructor and has just recently become a GUE instructor. If you are interested in becoming an instructor yourself, Neil the shop owner is a PADI course director and can take you all the way through the course up until you have to go take your test. The shop carries Scubapro, Aqualung, Halcyon and many other brands. They will work with you if you want something specific and will special order. I like the gang around the shop and you shouldn't have any problems if you decide to give them a chance. Good luck and I will probably see you around the shop.

Jeff

Personally I don't think you could find a better bunch of ppl

I did my OW through them although my instructor Kevin moved off shore afterwards. The shop is a pretty good one there talkative and does an excellent job on maintain my old Aqualung gear. There class room facilities are great and the relationship they have with UK to utilize the pool on campus is great since it is far deeper than the Y pools. Can't go wrong with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom