new hose for CDX5/ Delta4 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingkiwi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, bear with me cause I'm fairly technically challenged!:idk:

I've just got back from a diving holiday, and on the deck right before the last dive, the hose on my 2nd stage (Delta4) started showing small bubbles right along it's length, so I guess it's time to replace it. I did get it serviced right before the holiday, so this was a bit disappointing, but maybe it's time was up and these things happen. Happy I noticed it on the surface before the dive rather than during!

As far as I know, the hose hasn't been replaced in the roughly 5 years since I bought it, although I do literally just drop my regs off to the shop, pick them up and don't go into much detail about what they did- too trusting perhaps!

So, my question is about getting that different type of hose as a replacement- the stuff with the braided woven looking covering (you know what I mean right...?!) instead of the standard hose.

Is this going to be a problem/ difficult? I've read that the 'swivel' (which I'm guessing is the ball and socket bit at the end- very comfortable!) and the hose fitting size on a cdx5/delta4 aren't compatible with standard replacement parts....Do Oceanic even stock this type of flex woven hose, or would it need to be from another manufacturer?

And lastly, is this even worth it in terms of the cost/ longevity/ durability of the hose, or should I just stick to the basics and replace it with what I had?

Thanks for any help! :snorkel:

Oceanic lists a 30" Max Flex hose w/Swivel for Delta 4 as part number 40.2220.030. Price is around $65. We can order it if you're interested.

The new breed of flexible hoses are said to be more durable and last longer than conventional rubber hoses. They are also lighter, pack smaller, and minimize the tugging on your jaw. They are standard on many higher end Oceanic regulators now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom