New in Fort Worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilaDallas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just a quick intro, my wife and I are getting certification with referral from a local dive shop in Arlington, TX in February. When I found out that the ow portion is seven hours away decided to do the ow portion in Cozumel this May. Been to Cozumel once before and enjoyed the snorkeling, now it is time to go back and get a little deeper. Looking forward to buying dive insurance.

Greetings.

With the water temps still being fairly cold in the DFW area, and you mentioning the site being 7 hours away.....they are probably going to Balmorhea for the OW portion. I realize that you said you plan to fore go that and just do your check out dives in Cozumel, but I will tell you this: Balmorhea is super nice for OW training - around 75-100' of vis and a constant water temp of 76 degrees. They have a nice shallow underwater training area and a max depth around 20-22' in the spring area.

Safe dives,

Cyp

Thanks for the heads up. If my wife was not involved, I would have probably figured a way out. 14 hours in a car in three days is a long time.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Hey PhilaDallas!What dive shop did you go through? I'm looking to take Underwater Photography and get down to Balmorhea.

Went through Scuba Arlington. Did the first class last night along with the first three confined dives. Lots of fun. During the confined portion they had other people at the deep end (before we went down there) and I am pretty sure that one was doing an Underwater Photography course. At least they had a camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom