New in Ottawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrownedRat

Reaction score
Hi all,
just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm a new diver here in Ottawa and just looking for info on some good spots/dive clubs. I don't know any divers and would love to hookup with any interested parties. Like I say, I'm a new diver so I'd like to take it slow with some nice easy dives ;-)

Cheers

Check out the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks section on the board. You'll find lots of suggestions for good dives in and around the area.
Unfortunately, I have'nt found any good spots in Ottawa but some day I may give the river a try - vis there is'nt so good though I here.
If you're looking for buddies try joining a club in the area. Some of the divestores have clubs.
Come to the OFWF BBQ on July 26th and meet some other divers.
Happy Diving!!!
:)

Mmmm BBQ. Thanks for the tips. I'm staying out of the Ottawa river (agreed on the vis issue). Guess I'll stick to the St.Lawrence for now :)

Cheers

I was in Ottawa 2 years ago and hooked up with someone on this very board and dived across the Quebec border at a quarry and we also dived at Brampton in the St.L on some wrecks. She is a Padi divemaster and can hook you up with the local info. She's a great lady and goes by the monicker of Divegal on the site here. Maybe give her a private email and arrange to meet. I think there's a few others on site as well. Beautiful city you live in.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman

:eek:ut:

Thanks for the tip mate ;-) I've gotten plenty of info so far (this really is a great/friendly board!!). I know the quarry you're talking about, and it's pretty sweet (just a little chilly though). I't a nice place to practice for us newbies :D

Cheers

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the Sport.....

Tom

Thanks Tom! Everyone here has been really great so far. I've even managed to hook up with a group via the board already and I'm joining a dive next wednesday:D

Can't wait to hit the water!!

Back
Top Bottom