New Jersey - Highlands/Sea Bright Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This Jersey Girl reads the Asbury Park Press online from time to time and she just sadly came across this:

Body recovered of missing diver in the Highlands | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

It involves a diver looking for lost items. The current in this area is nasty; one can see it from the restaurants/dock mentioned. Labor Day is the height of the season at the Shore. I feel bad for all involved.

That is a NAAAAAASTY current.. :no:I would not even take a small boat through there, let alone dive there. I'm surprised he would risk going in that water. He will be missed..:shakehead:

Yes, I remember watching kids swing out on a rope, drop, and get carried back to the bridge to do it again. I wanted to do that, too.

Oh come on the current there isn't that bad. My boat is in Highlands and I could easily jump right off the back and swim across to Sandy Hook. I may hit the beach in Sea Bright, though.

Talk about happening REALLY close to home. I'm docked literally a mile up river from there. This one really made me understand how/why the media always seems to screw up the facts. I heard conflicting info from people who were actually there, and claimed to see him go in.

At slack tide it does seem to slow down a lot, but I don't think slack tide lasts too long there. You sure as hell would never find me diving near that bridge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom