New LARGE Dive Boat in Kingston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would I pay 1000 bux for a ride when I could go to NTD for 70 per person and get nitrox fills, gear rental and out to the far away wrecks and come back in for mid afternoon.

$1000 / 16 divers = $62.50 each a savings of $7.50 and all day with a BBQ and as many dives as you can. A huge stable boat. NTD is OK too but $70 for only 2 dives. This is nice "sport diver" boat. Since I'm not a charter owner any more I'm going out with Proteus this weekend.

How far of a drive is it from Brockville to Kingston? I bring a group of divers up to Brockville every year but would love to dive some new wrecks.

It's about 45 miles from Brockville to the Proteus dive boat or if you come up interstate 81 about 20 miles west from the USA border or if you go to NTD it's about 60 miles from Brockville. If you never dove Kingston your in for a treat. The wrecks here are some of the best preserved in the world in freshwater the Marsh, Sheboygan, Katie Eccles and the world Famous Comet a side paddlewheeler check out my shipwrecks page at Shipwrecks

Last edited:
The problem I find with the larger boats, is they are just so slow. Leaving from Portsmouth Harbour, it'll probably take over 2 hours to get to the closest of the wrecks you mentioned, which will most likely result in getting only 2 dives anyway. On the small boats, you can usually hit 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.

It says No Walk-Ons, though...

But it has a crane to be able to get Big Jim out of the water. :)

Yup it does. I am a big guy but I'm almost 50 now and have more dives than most of you all put together.

And yes it's slower than the fast small boats but he does 4 dives or more, he just stays out and takes it easy once out on the lake. Most wrecks are within 5 miles of each other just enough time for a surface interval. If you do 2 morning and 2 afternoon with NTD according to Jimmy B it would be $70 morning $70 afternoon for $140........ or $62.50 for all day with the new big slow, comfortable, stable with a head (toilet) and a BBQ with a picnic table and fridge, dive boat.

Being OLD FAT AND SLOW and just wanting to have fun on the water all day I like the big boat. But look at my tag line "Just my opinion" but then I've only been diving for longer than some of you have been out of diapers.

You're pushing this pretty hard Jim, whats your financial interest in this boat, or are you just using it this as an opprotunity to try to move customers away from NTD after the latest POW blow up down there?

Just asking, dont get too tied up over it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom