New LARGE Dive Boat in Kingston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove with Proteus last weekend with our Dive Club, great boat, lots of room even with 16 divers on board, 3 tank dive, great for entry & exit, barbequed burgers, friendly staff. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

First day 3 dives were on the Wolfe, Effie Mae & Aloha, 2nd day other's did the Sheyboggan, Munson, Comet. boat is not fast. But great for our club dive and social event, lunch etc.

Well, I sure hope the first day that two dives were on the Wolfe Islander and one on the Aloha & Effie Mae, coz one tank on the Aloha and one on the Effie Mae would be WAY too much of a good thing....:D

Seriously, thanks for the report.

I'm also going to recommend Proteus. Frank and Mike made our days great. Having hot BBQ after a dive in the lake is fantastic. Entry and exit was easy. There was lots of space for everything.

We dove Frontenac, Marsh and Comet on one day and Munson, Cornwall and Wolfe on the second. Frontenac was a long run. It took about 2.5 hours and then we waited about 15 minutes for the mooring as another boat was recovering divers.

I dove on the Proteus twice with the previous owner in Penetang, and I have dove with Mike and Frank before they purchased the Proteus. I have also dove with Big Jim when he was running his charters, and I am heading out tomorrow on the Proteus with our dive shop. I have enjoyed all of the experiences.....no reason to not support a new charter business. If they do the right things and and offer the right service they survive. If not they don't........ shouldn't affect any of the other charters if they were successful they will continue to be ......

What a great weekend on the Proteus! Professional and Safe and the boat is stable!
I was out with a friend's group, so not the 'Usual Suspects' I usually dive with, and new boat to top it off, so I was 'extra-aware'.
Sat. was a hot, sunny great day. Like day on the beach! BBQ, calm water SI made it the perfect day! Did the Marsh and the Wolf....Stored our gear overnight below making it easy to just 'get up and go'.
Frank & Mike are great! Easy entry and two great fin ladders make it easy to get out, even on the miserable day that Sunday was. Raining and rough, the only other boat we saw that the Wolf ferry and a windsurfer. Despite the conditions, the boat was reasonably stable! So we stuck close to shore and did the Munson and the Wolf a second time.
Heated rooms below deck helped the wet divers out a lot.
Really impressed!
Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom