New Lombok Airport = Monster Transport Prices to Gilis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just a little background.... The new airport on Lombok opened last week after years of delay. The good news is it opens up parts of Lombok, gets rid of the hellish baggage claim in Mataram, etc... The bad news is it is now about an hour longer to get to the Gili Islands.

Anyway, I just got a quote for a popular resort on Gili T for airport transport. Shocked, I did some looking around online and it seems the new airport transfer rate is 750.000-850.000 each way instead of 200.000-400.000. Simply stated- that is 1.5 million IDR or $166.00 US round trip. Am I right that an extra hour in the car more than doubles the rate? Heck, my round trip Lion Air fare from Jakarta to Lombok is 1.55 million.

Do I take my chances with public transport and make my way to Gili T...or simply head 45 minutes south to Kuta?

Seriously, is there something I am missing? I hope some ops in the Gili's can change my mind. I truly love Gili T, and this makes me very sad.

Last edited:
Sounds like the resorts are having a laugh. I'd negotiate a taxi direct from the airport when you arrive and get a local boat from the harbour thats opposite the gillis.

Or fly to Bali and get a fast boat from benoi harbour, not padang bai, which cost me 350,000 return the other day.

There are busses going from the airport to Senggigi:costs IDR 150.000
Normally when u arrange a car for the whole day u should pay around the IDR 350.000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom