New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t0w
love mac dive so much I just spent hald the day manually inputting my dives in to the program. HOpe the uwatec interface is done soon!

Thanks for a great app. Donation being sent

Wow, that's some dedication :) I still haven't entered the few dives I did before I got my dive comp. I actually still have a piece of paper from years ago with the depths/times/site names, just too lazy to enter it!

Do you use JTrak ? A guy named Rob has written a little tool to convert its data to UDCF, which macdive can then import. So it's a little bit of a hassle, but gets you all your data. Essentially you can import to that, then use his tool, then finally import that to macdive.

There's a link to it on my site - it may be of some help to you.

I have jtrak but do not like the interface or the lack of summation data. I have the udcf tool, but am not sure how to get it to see my data

I have jtrak but do not like the interface or the lack of summation data. I have the udcf tool, but am not sure how to get it to see my data

Email Rob (or he's on the mac-dive forum also, but not sure about this one?) - I've never used the tool personally; I don't have jtrak or a uwatec or any sample data.

Any chance of an interface for the OC1?

We are working on it but haven't finished yet. If you would be willing to run a few tests, it would be very, very helpful.

If you look here:

Index of /libdc/builds/experimental/macosx

There is a couple of programs. You can download oc1 and atom2-lastpage, and also atom2 from here:

Index of /libdc/builds/macosx

You need to install the FTDI driver as mentioned on my website (MacDive - Download under devices). There are instructions on how to run these programs here:

MacDive Forums • View topic - Required Test Data

Just replace "vyper2" with oc1, atom2 etc. You can email me and TnT if you have any problems, or post on the forum, whatever is easy. If you can run these and email us the results that would be great.

If you have access to windows, some more information from there would be helpful also - I can send you instructions for that.

We are working on it but haven't finished yet. If you would be willing to run a few tests, it would be very, very helpful.

If you look here:

Index of /libdc/builds/experimental/macosx

There is a couple of programs. You can download oc1 and atom2-lastpage, and also atom2 from here:

Index of /libdc/builds/macosx

You need to install the FTDI driver as mentioned on my website (MacDive - Download under devices). There are instructions on how to run these programs here:

MacDive Forums • View topic - Required Test Data

Just replace "vyper2" with oc1, atom2 etc. You can email me and TnT if you have any problems, or post on the forum, whatever is easy. If you can run these and email us the results that would be great.

If you have access to windows, some more information from there would be helpful also - I can send you instructions for that.

I'll have a go at installing it on my old G4 powerbook and see how it goes, if it is successful I'll put it on my Macbookpro, I'll run it properly when I get to dive with my OC1, I've only just bought it, and I'm a warm water diver, and there's not a lot of warm water in the UK at the moment......

I'll have a go at installing it on my old G4 powerbook and see how it goes, if it is successful I'll put it on my Macbookpro, I'll run it properly when I get to dive with my OC1, I've only just bought it, and I'm a warm water diver, and there's not a lot of warm water in the UK at the moment......

The test applications won't run on your G4 (powerpc), because they are intel binaries only. Unfortunately I can't provide a powerpc binary (or even universal binaries) because I don't have a powerpc compiler on my system.

It's no problem if you do not have any dives on your OC1. We would like to test the communication with the dive computer and that can be done with any dives. Actually, a dump from an "empty" dive computer can be very useful for us, and they are hard to get. So if you don't mind, go for it...

The test applications you should try are these ones:
http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/builds/macosx/atom2
http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/builds/experimental/macosx/oc1

There is no need to try the "atom2_lastpage" variant that t0w mentioned.

All -

MacDive 2 is now available. It's moved to a new home:

macdive - home

Also note: It's now shareware and requires a license.

It's a little.. different :) So I'm interested to hear your feedback!

Any chance of supporting the Zeagle N2ition 3 (seiko computer). The current download software provided by zeagle has been having issues, so Zeagle is going to pull the download kit from the market and allow all to return it. This unfortunately leaves all the zeagle computer owners with no way of downloading the information from the computer. As far as seiko (who actually is the manufacturer) they don't care and won't even release their communication protocols. If there is any way to add this computer in, it would help a large amount of people with no where else to turn. The very limited download program they do have (which is a hit or miss) works under 32 bit windows only. If you need the background on the computer, here is zeagle's help thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/zeagle/282548-n2ition-software.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom