New Member From Montreal, Ca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goingforsound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

New diver here from Montreal, Canada!

I really enjoy reading you guys and there is a ton of great info here.

For my background, I am a new diver with AOW training and I only dove in the warm water so far. I did my training with Scuba Nation in Cambodia (great staff) and I did the AOW with Don Foster's in Grand Cayman. Good point on my dives, my air consumption is excelent.

My goal this summer is to get some dive under my belt in cold water and to work on my weighting and boyancy control. I find that watching videos online and seing other divers it is two of the points that new divers should master from the begining.

I am also a seasoned motorcycle rider who love to travel and ride in every country.

Cheers!

JC

Welcome to the board! See if a local shop offers pool time, then get some pool dives in with hood and gloves, helps making the transition from warm to cold water easier.

Welcome! I did an Intro to North East diving in a local cold quarry before pushing myself with more advanced cold water dives since I too was a warm water diver. It really helped me get used to the gear & walk through the differences that cold water diving brings. While I haven't been diving with them, when I was looking at diving up by you I did see that Montreal Scuba Diving PADI Certification Courses and Dive Equipment Shop had a number of options to provide good training from a 50 ft deep pool to a quarry.

I still love warm water and do it most often, but it's nice to have cold water alternatives near by and have the training to be able to dive them.

Happy diving!

That deep pool was supposed to close down. The divers (including those that don't live in Montreal ) made quite a fuss about it but I thought it had been closed down anyway. If not, great. If so, what a shame.

Be that as it may, there seems to be many divers from Montreal. Check with some of the local dive shops and see if they have a diving club or how/when there are diving events in your area.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Already made contact with multiple dive shops in mtl. they offer group dives early in the season to pratice skills in shallow water.

We plan to rent equipment and go diving in a quarry first to test our tolerance to cold water. My girlfriend will mostly be freezing haha.

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA...yes; warm water diver here!

Welcome to SB. Hope you had a good time at Don Fosters. You may have met Daphnie there. I think she would have recommended the St Lawrence River for some good diving in your area.

We get down to the Brockville, Ontario area several times a year. It is a short drive from Montreal and even your girlfriend may enjoy it as it gets warm in the summer months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom