New member - new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajb

Reaction score
Recently passed my O.W. certification and dives. Just learned of this site so I thought I'd join to learn more and meet fellow divers. I have been doing "resort course" dives for about 10 years and finally decided to get certified, which I completed last February.

My family is heading to Nassau end of June (oldest son 10 - just passed his junior OW certification, my wife - age not to be disclosed :D - certified o.w., and my youngest - 6 - snorkel maniac). Staying at Atlantis. Any recommendations on dive boats/trips? would like to dive at least two mornings and one afternoon with at least one shark dive...

Looking forward to learning more, meeting people, and diving!
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jim and welcome to :sblogo:

Congratulations on your certification, and I have heard where you are going is some great diving.
David

There aren’t a huge number of Wyoming divers on the board, but you can find a few in the Rocky Mountain Oysters forum at: http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400

Welcome aboard.

We dove with Stuart cove and saw a bunch of reef sharks at Heineken Wall. Saw scorpion fish and southern sting ray at the Twin Sister wrecks. Both the wall and the wrecks are beginner's level, and will be perfect for your wife and kid. You can ascend and descend on the rope, but I would recommend practicing hovering instead of clinging to the rope at the 20 ft safety stop (I prefer to hang at 20 ft - as you float up and down a little).

I don't see the point of paying extra 50 bucks for shark dive if you can see them swimming freely and not begging for food. But a little girl who snorkeled above the feeding sharks said she liked it really well - but got a little scared when one approached her.

Welcome to SB Jim. Look forward to seeing you around...

rawls:
Welcome to SB Jim. Look forward to seeing you around...

Welcome too. And look forward to making fun of your stupid question, call you a noobie, laugh at your snorkel, and vote you a one star for your posts (he, he, he,, just a warning!)... All of my post gets a one star, courtesy of the welcoming committee!!

Welcome Jim,

Congrats on your OW cert. Any questions at all usually get a quick and detailed response around here. Some experienced people on this board. I'll be vacationing in Nassau this august and it seems like Stuarts Cove is the dive op to use. I think they run shuttles to all the hotels too. Good luck

Ok, what's up with the avatars??? Ahh, April Fool's, my bad.

<==== Don't I wish I looked hot like her.....

Thanks all! Looks like people here are here because they love scuba and are passionate about what they do... and of course razzing a little :)

Can't wait to get to know ya'll more...

jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom