New Member Rob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just joined the site. I am from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. I am a newely certified open water diver. I got certified in Cayman Islands and now have 8 dives under my belt. 4 open water dives / 1 night dive in Cayman Islands / 3 dives in Canada including 2 in our Welland Canal Scuba park & 1 Niagara River drift dive. I am getting close to buying my own gear and was looking at:

for REGS:

Scuba Pro: MK 17/G250V or A700 (Cold water Reg a must)

or

Atomic: Z2 or B2

for BCD:

Aqua lung i3 or Mares Dragon jacket style

I have a full 7mm Bare wet suit with the core warmer jacket 7mm also (14mm on core).

Dive computer: Oceanic Veo 100NX wrist mounted

Thanks for you time in advance.

Rob

Welcome to SB Rob. I dive in MI and you correct in getting cold weather regs. It is not uncommon to have regs freeze up in the great lakes and cold rock quarries.

PH

Thanks for the replies so far. Diving up here isn't the same as diving in the Caribbean. I feel like a robot in the water with the 14mm wet suit/hood/gloves/boots!

Rob

I think I'm going to buy the Atomic M1. Any feedback?

Hi Rob...welcome to SB. Good luck and happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom