new NOAA CD on the way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

For those of you who have bought the recent NOAA cdrom and those of you who have the NOAA cdrom on your wish list there is going to be a second release.

I have been in contact with the production manager at NTIS and will be receiving an early release copy to evaluate for bugs/problems/issues/etc. I will post my findings here and other places for all to see.

The biggest problem that I have seen with the first release is on some windows version it had difficulty loading correctly and if you are on a NON-windows platform then you couldn't even use the cd. This new release has removed these problems and will be multi-platform capable.

I intend to test it on several pc's, mac's, unix machines, linux machines and give it a good work over. What i'll be grading it on is access and usability. I am told the new release does include some corrections but the bulk is the same.

Ed

Hello,

They have all sorts of detailed info. Charts, Tables, medical info, theory, equipment and the like. It's like taking all the training manuals and putting them in one big book. It's essentially the encyclopedia of diving.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom