NEW Oceanic OceanLog PC Interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause:
As of now, OceanLog is only compatible with PC/Windows OS - I have had quite a few Mac users contact me since the email announcing the new program, so it is obviously something that we must evaluate.

As a Mac (and an Atom) user I would certainly like to see this. I would suggest you read (if you have not already) http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=120985. It seems simple to me. Provide the interface specs to one of the current Mac developers and let them deal with it.

Alex

Doug Krause:
your feedback is crucial in this process, and very welcome - feel free to post your comments here or contact me directly.
Hey Doug,
I have a suggestion...
Make the Life Time Dive Number friendly to people that have transitioned from no computer or another manufacturers computer. It would be nice to allow the user to enter/adjust the starting life time dive number prior to importing current dive data.

Otherwise, I see this version as a huge improvement in your software.

Hi Doug,
Thanks very much for the PC specs./requirements.
I'm obviously new to this. If my friends' desktops are compatible I'll be ordering the cable and aquiring the software.

Jim

One thing to keep in mind when using multiple PCs and downloading
is that the current 2.x application doesn't allow importing
into an existing log. i.e. whenever you import data, it
creates a brand new log. It also only allows importing
of data from the 1.x application.
So what this means is that you can't take a laptop on your
vacation and download your dive computer each day and
import it back into your main/full log on your main PC at home
when you get back from you trip.

It would be really nice if you could import 2.x exported data
into an existing 2.x log for this kind of scenario. It would
allow moving dive log data between different PCs.
I'll add this to my wish list and suggest it to Doug.

--- bill

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. We're currently testing a patch where we have addressed many of the comments so far. I expect to post this to our web site early next week and will let you all know.

If you have not done so already, I encourage you to register your software via our web site - you can decide exactly what you want to hear about - or not, so we won't bombard you with SPAM. I'd recommend that you register your software version and select "notify me of upgrades for my product", and we'll only communicate these only as they apply to the OceanLog program.

The other option I would like to see, not sure how many would actually use it, is the ability to be able to export/print to a HTML page, so that you can attach the log/dive details/profile to a web page if you so desire. (complete with SAC rates, gas volume used...etc)

My Citizen AquaLand has that feature and I use that to download and post my logs in a web layout, then I can just email/post those logs whenever I want to or include it in a trip report.

So glad there's an official Oceanic Representative online here.

I don't want to come off as offensive, but I have to ask if you ever tested this product before releasing it? And if so, did you test with real divers, diving real profiles?

I tried importing 3 divers profiles into the new format.
Diver One only had 2 dives, his imported easily, and return accurate info.
Diver Two has over 100 dives and his imported easily, but the queries are worthless.
I'm quite certain that his deepest dive was not to 1000 ft. And he has not been
diving in 0 degree water either.
Diver Three (me) has over 100 dives. Most of my dives did not import and my info
is returned all wrong too...I have not been to 600 ft. (I wish :)

Its very disappointing to see such a low-quality software package released, and frankly it makes me question whether the software running my actual dive computer is as inaccurate. I have 4 Oceanic computers and am not sure I'll ever purchase another one.

Doug Krause:
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. We're currently testing a patch where we have addressed many of the comments so far. I expect to post this to our web site early next week and will let you all know.

If you have not done so already, I encourage you to register your software via our web site - you can decide exactly what you want to hear about - or not, so we won't bombard you with SPAM. I'd recommend that you register your software version and select "notify me of upgrades for my product", and we'll only communicate these only as they apply to the OceanLog program.

Thanks. I look forward to the patch.

Irene:
Its very disappointing to see such a low-quality software package released, and frankly it makes me question whether the software running my actual dive computer is as inaccurate. I have 4 Oceanic computers and am not sure I'll ever purchase another one.

OUCH!

Back
Top Bottom