New Oceanic Pioneer Ultra Clear Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you have is an early promo model of the limited edition (lucky you!) which is now a VERY limited edition mask. The limited edition has indeed been canned, and this has been confirmed by Oceanic. There was a period early on where they insisted they would release the mask but the lack of information and conflicting information regarding its release prompted people to wonder if Oceanic was being deliberately evasive. As I mentioned in a previous post (dec '09), my LDS had confirmed 100% that the mask was no-no, so the question is - why didn't Oceanic own up and be honest? For a company to go from "ultimately committed" to releasing the limited edition mask to one which tried to quietly let the issue die is just a bit sad. It's just a mask but for me it says a lot about the company. Sorry about the rant (again!).

What you have is an early promo model of the limited edition (lucky you!) which is now a VERY limited edition mask. The limited edition has indeed been canned, and this has been confirmed by Oceanic. There was a period early on where they insisted they would release the mask but the lack of information and conflicting information regarding its release prompted people to wonder if Oceanic was being deliberately evasive. As I mentioned in a previous post (dec '09), my LDS had confirmed 100% that the mask was no-no, so the question is - why didn't Oceanic own up and be honest? For a company to go from "ultimately committed" to releasing the limited edition mask to one which tried to quietly let the issue die is just a bit sad. It's just a mask but for me it says a lot about the company. Sorry about the rant (again!).

You are correct about the limited nature of my mask. I hope they get their act together with this mask. IMO it blows Atomic out of the water (except for folks with small faces). This is one heck of an awesome mask. The glass lenses are like "not there at all" and offer great clarity. Geez, at some point I am going to want to order another. Oceanic, get this right soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom