New Oceanic Veo 180 is scrolling uncontrollably!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bamabowtie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a brand new Oceanic Veo 180Nx. It seems every other time I turn the computer on, the computer will run diagnostic and then start in 2 screen scroll that it does, but then once I press the button the backlight turns stays on and the computer all of the numbers will rapidly start scrolling for close to 10 minutes.

Is there something wrong with my computer? Am I doing something wrong make the computer act this way?

AFAIK the 180nx is discontinued, I would contact the shop you bought it from and see if they can replace it. If that is not possible or they wont work with you try calling oceanic.

:worthless:

I would take it back to where you bought it. If that isn't an option, I would do a cold boot on the computer (remove battery for more than 10 seconds before reinstalling).

:worthless:

I would take it back to where you bought it. If that isn't an option, I would do a cold boot on the computer (remove battery for more than 10 seconds before reinstalling).

What would a still picture add?

With all Oceanic single button (Veo 100, 100nx, 180, 1.0), on the surface, the computer will scroll through the pre-dive planning sequence (PDPS) showing you the available dive time starting at 30’ down to 160’. Once you descend to 5’~8’ the unit will go into dive mode and display current depth and available dive time. So as long as what you are describing is happing on the surface, it sounds as though the computer is working as designed.

I think that I am having the same issue as the OP.

The computer acts like the button is being pressed. It started when I was scrolling through my dives. At some point, the computer started scrolling through the settings menu (AIR, time, date, max 02, etc.). It did this with or without the button being pressed.

I took the battery out in an attempt to reset the computer. Now when I put the battery in, it does the demo countdown and shows the serial number and firmware revision (r2A). This is exactly what happens if I you were to press the button during the LCD countdown screen.

My conclusion is that the computer believes the button is being held down. Is this a known problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Any Oceanic reps that can help?

Back
Top Bottom