New Old Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Courtneyf82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I was lurking around the LDS one day, and this guy pulls up and turns out to be an Instructor at that shop. He says hes moving inland and doesnt need his gear anymore, he doesnt want to just throw it away cause its still usable, so it turns out to be a whole load of stuff!! And he just gives it to me.I gave him $20 cause I almost felt bad.....almost!:D

3 masks all clear skirt slightly used not brown though
Weight belt strap with 12 bullet style 2lb weights
old scubapro bc still works but....its old
1 pair Scubapro Jet Fins, large size....too bad i need XL's, gift to divebuddy
Surface Marker Buoy w/50ft line
U.S. Divers CONSHELF SE2 regulator w/analog gauges no octo
Set of four Yakima Kayak holder things to put a kayak on the roof of the car
A bag big enough to hold all this stuff

So my question to you is who has experience with this reg? good or bad? It is functioning perfectly and is very clean inside and out. So I am pretty happy with the deal. So let me know if anyone has experience with it, I think I will get it in action friday. Needs an octo though, so heres another question: What would you rather get, a free pair of jet fins, or a buddy that has an octo? hmmmmm.....the agony of choice

sounds like a great deal,i have always liked the way us divers regs breathed,still have my orginal reg from 25 years ago,us diver it was old when i got it, still breathesbetter than most new ones with less cotton mouth

Well it works great! I guess not a lot of folks have em? oh well, I do! and it was free!

These regs are very popular and work fairly decent, however i think that most folks don't use them too much because the parts are reall expensive. Good regulator though. Very tough and durable. The new version is the Titan first stage. A little different on the outside but identical on the inside. I think that for 20 bucks you got a good deal.

rescuediver009:
These regs are very popular and work fairly decent, however i think that most folks don't use them too much because the parts are reall expensive. Good regulator though. Very tough and durable. The new version is the Titan first stage. A little different on the outside but identical on the inside. I think that for 20 bucks you got a good deal.

How expensive are the parts? I can get a full set of rebuild kits(1 1st and 2 2nds) for less than $50. Of course, you might not need all of those parts, either. A lot of my 2nds were "rebuilt" by flipping the lp seat and adjusting it.

Back
Top Bottom