New PADI dive shop in Newton, MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jennywu

Reaction score
PGDIVE
FYI. New dive shop in Newton, MA opened last weekend.

PG DIVE
212 Adams Street, Newton MA 02465
Phone (617) 969-3483 / (617) 969-DIVE
Owners: Genevieve and Paul Stewart

Directions
Take exit 17 off the Mass. Pike towards Newton. Stay on Washington Street, traveling west, for 0.6 miles. Take a right onto Adams Street. PG Dive is 0.2 miles down on the right hand side. Park in the lot behind the store on use on street parking.

Hours
Monday through Friday (closed Wednesdays) - 11AM to 7PM
Saturday and Sunday - 9AM to 6PM
Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day.

He needs a job:)

Hey, who's talkin about me!!!

Now that you said it though, nothing against Paul and Genevieve, but I dont really want to work in a dive shop again. My best wishes to them in their endeavour. Its a tough gig, and I hope they take some business away from another shop in the area. It wouldnt be too tough...

LUBOLD8431:
Hey, who's talkin about me!!!

...It wouldnt be too tough...

Yeah, not tough at all. Amazing what sort of people that shop would hire!!! Used to just take bums in off the streets! :wink:

I received a nice response from Paul at PG Dive. Here is a summary:

They do not currently offer Nitrox, although it is not out of the question for the future. He also said that, while they do not have a hyper-filter right now, they are planning to get one in the near future.

The shop's focus will remain on training/travel and not selling gear. They have little interest in the tech market, also.

In ten years of living and diving in metro Boston, I have seen more shops come and go than shops that came and have stayed. Each and every one of them lived (or died) by how they handled their retail and hard goods - trust me on this one.

Say what you want about East Coast or United or Diver's Market (and some of you have some pretty heavy opinions about them), they have been able to weather almost 30 years of economic dips and dramatic changes in leisure and buying trends. Regardless of what LUBOLD8431 wishes, I don't think a shop like this is going to put much of a dent in their plans.

However, hats off to PG Dive for focusing on things other than retail. Scuba gear can be a very insiduous business, so I hope they are able to keep their principles and stay true to the needs of their customers longer as a result.

Well, as the reply from Paul indicates, it looks as though right now, they arent going to be offering gear for sale. Thats too bad...

That's too bad. They would be right on my way when I'm heading North, especially since I'll never buy anything from East Coast after viewing their "business" practices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom