New PADI speciality courses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was browsing through the website of a British LDS and I noticed that they offered two PADI speciality courses that I had never hear of before:

- Twin set diver
- Full face mask diver

(see: Rec-n-Tec Speciality Courses)

Both struck me as interesting and useful courses, but I was perplexed that I had never heard of them before. There seems to be no references to such courses on the PADI website (see: PADI Courses)

Are these new courses, or are they only available through PADI Europe? Or are they examples of these odd "one off" speciality courses that are self-designed and individually taught under that weird approval system that PADI has (if so, PADI should think about copying them more widely)?

Anyone know?

The PADI knows.

They sound like good ones - PADI should take a long hard look and think about adopting those two into the mainstream curriculum.

They sound like good ones - PADI should take a long hard look and think about adopting those two into the mainstream curriculum.

No argument from me. There are a lot of those specialties I would love to see become standards. Don, thank you, my spell checker has been appropriately spanked! :rofl3:
Safe Diving,
George
PADI MSDT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom