New Post sort order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you seeing alot of posts that are absolutely no interest to you? You can go into your profile and select your searched forums. That can dramatically reduce the distractions.

Pete

I rather enjoy the randomness of the New Post search. I've been introduced to parts of SB I'd likely never have explored otherwise!

Are you seeing alot of posts that are absolutely no interest to you? You can go into your profile and select your searched forums. That can dramatically reduce the distractions.

Pete

I agree that excluding forums of no interest helps, but I would still find it more useful to have threads grouped by Forum. There are some forums that I tend to pay closer attention to than others.

I agree that excluding forums of no interest helps, but I would still find it more useful to have threads grouped by Forum. There are some forums that I tend to pay closer attention to than others.

Respond with a list of forums and the time frame (in days) you'd like to search for new posts and I'll see what I can do for you.

Respond with a list of forums and the time frame (in days) you'd like to search for new posts and I'll see if I can do for you.

Would it be possible to have a sort by Date or Forum option that everyone could use? Basically like the New Posts now that ignores listed forums, plus either a button on the page produced by the New Posts click or a setting within the User CP was my thought.

Thanks

Would it be possible to have a sort by Date or Forum option that everyone could use? Basically like the New Posts now that ignores listed forums, plus either a button on the page produced by the New Posts click or a setting within the User CP was my thought.

Thanks

It may be possible, but I'm not sure it's supported that way by vBulletin. It would likely require someone writing a hack to implement that and I doubt that's going to rank high on a list of priorities. I can probably provide you with a bookmark to return new posts in a specific forum, or a group of forums only, but I can't reconfigure the search button to do that.

It may be possible, but I'm not sure it's supported that way by vBulletin. It would likely require someone writing a hack to implement that and I doubt that's going to rank high on a list of priorities. I can probably provide you with a bookmark to return new posts in a specific forum, or a group of forums only, but I can't reconfigure the search button to do that.

Understandable. Can you see my list of forums in my CP or do I need to send the list? If it easier for you just include all Forums. It would be fast enough to page past ignored forums when grouped.

Can you do a "since last visit" or will it have to be a set time period? If not, 1 day is fine. The thread title often matters in the context of the forum it is posted in. Thanks for trying, much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom