New Pro Plus 2 won't download after...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, have my new Pro Plus 2, have my new cable (nice $90 price), downloaded Oceanlog 2.x and the 2K_Vista_USBDriver software from the Oceanic web site.
Pluged everything in, laptop said new harware succeesfully installed and nothing:shakehead:
I'm not the smartest computer guy but can't think of what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help with simple instructions (it shouldn't be this hard)?
Thanks,
John

PS: Have tried to plug the cable in both ways into the Pro Plus 2, is there a right or wrong way (no instruction with either the computer or the cable)

My dad had the same problem with his.. After calling oceanic they said that he needed to get either the old model cable or new model cable, I can't exactly remember, but it was whichever one he didn't have lol.

Anywho after getting the other cable it worked fine. Call whoever you got it from and ask about switching 'em out.

It plugs in with the blue Oceanic sticker facing "up" looking at the face of the computer. Most of the time you are going to have to hold it through the link up because it really doesn't "snap" in. One thing I learned is that you have to plug the cable into the usb port before you boot up....if you plug in after booting up the computer the program will not recognize the device and you will not be able to download your dives----at least that is what happened to me and it drove me crazy until I just discovered the problem by pure luck.......hopefully this will help..good luck.....if not call the help number shown on the warranty card....they are really great and will give you help as needed.

Most likely,you've been given the new(VT3) cable.
For the PP2 you need the "old"one.

Back
Top Bottom