New Scuba Park in the Houston area!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There is a new scuba park being developed just south of Houston in Manvel. NO...it is NOT Lost Lakes! They are calling it Twin Lakes Scuba Park. It's located on the south side of Hwy 6, a couple of miles east of 288.

I haven't been there yet but a friend of mine has. They were planning to sink and set a 4th platform yesterday. Depths right now are 50ft+. Plans for the year include cabanas, picnic tables, changing rooms, showers, etc. Camping is available and the prices are very reasonable.

There is still alot of work to be done and I'm sure the viz will be really low for awhile. But I'm excited to have something so close to home and wish Scott all the luck in making it work.

Dee,

That is great news. Maybe we can dive there without getting a rash. Are they open on weekends now? Let me know when you and Doug want to give it a try.

Larry

And you might mention to Scott the existance of the TSDT to see if he'd like to participate.

Plus get him on this board so we can share info with him.

Originally posted by daylight
Dee,

That is great news. Maybe we can dive there without getting a rash. Are they open on weekends now? Let me know when you and Doug want to give it a try.

Larry

They are supposedly open now. The website says 4-8 during the week and 24 hours on Sat and Sun.

We'll be checking it out when we get back from the trip. I'll let ya know.

Originally posted by coldwater
Dee,

Is anyone planning a trip soon. I'm itching to get wet!:eek:ut:

Not the I'm aware of. We'll be back from our Roatan trip on March 30 so our plans are to check it out that next weekend.

You're more than welcome to join us! :thumb:

Beast called from work today and mentioned going out there this Saturday to look at it, maybe not so much to dive BUT since you are another of those cold water nuts, I'm sure he could be persuaded.

I'll PM you our phone number.

just a bit closer than blue lagoon, and sounds a lot better!

Hey Dee, You and Douglass gonna have time to munch some sea food next week before you get ready to head to Blue water?

I'm off to New Braunfels and Travis this weekend. Hope to see ya soon.

tony

Originally posted by scubatexastony
just a bit closer than blue lagoon, and sounds a lot better!

Hey Dee, You and Douglass gonna have time to munch some sea food next week before you get ready to head to Blue water?

I'm off to New Braunfels and Travis this weekend. Hope to see ya soon.

tony

Hey...where have you been? We definitely want to get with you next week. What about Wednesday night, same place about 6pm?

What do you have planned for this weekend in New Braunfuls/Lake Travis?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom