New Scuba Park in the Houston area!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by T.P.H.
Hi Dee.I`m gona slide out there today and see what`s what.I`m only 15min.from there.Oh...if anyone wants to hook up..I plan on diving it next Sunday around 3pm.Love to have some company.:lurk:

Well.....how was it??? We were in Blue Lagoon today testing my new BP/wing.....Sweet!

Sorry we can't join you next weekend, we'll be DM'ing a class that weekend. Maybe later?

BP/wing...too cool.Well it was a realy nice dayout there.I talked with the owner for quit a while.He is almost ready to sink the 12 x 20 ft platform.It will be set at 20 ft under 2 huge freshly painted lp tanks for floaters.The second access platform is almost finished.
Temp was 75 surf,67 at 15 ft thermo.and 52 at 55 ft...burrrr
vis was a good 25 ft in the center ,vis at 55 was 4-6 ft improving.
He is at a point to where he needs help in certain areas like drawing out and painting logos on his float tanks.building picnic tables and setting bouys on his wrecks.He told me that as soon as finances permit that a full restroom facility will be built.It is going to be a slow process since he is doing all the work by himself.Being the person that I am ,I offered to help him out with some labor for barter.Boy, the look on his face was priceless.The place was clean..no trash about.a few fishermen but not in the dive areas....he won`t allow that...a good thing.This place has potential in becomming a good spot.Since he is not a diver and I live so close,I`ll more than likely be out there helping him out.I`ll keep in touch and let ya`ll know how it`s comming along.
:)

Sounds like things are moving right along. We haven't had the chance to talk to the owner, but we have talked to his son and an instructor who has been helping him. I'm sure he'll have plenty of help if he needs it and just let's the diver know it. We would be willing to help. Beast is a welder and would be willing to do what he can in building stuff.

It's close enough to do some evening dives when Beast gets home from work. You interested in going there during the week?

Wonder if we could co-ordinate a group of divers willing to help do most anything on a particular weekend. The owner could have whatever materials needed for the project and we could provide the labor and opinions. And he provided some free food...well, divers will do most anything for free food!!!

Dee and TPH

Wonder if we could co-ordinate a group of divers willing to help do most anything on a particular weekend. The owner could have whatever materials needed for the project and we could provide the labor and opinions. And he provided some free food...well, divers will do most anything for free food!!!

If there is free diving and food I would like to help. I haven't done any welding since highschool but I can still use a hammer and nails. Will the owner provide tanks/air and free entrance at the park for helping out? If so I would be glad to help.

GD

Originally posted by Dee

Dee, if there is something like that put together, I would be very interested in helping out. I now live in the Spring Branch area but it is not far for me to get there. I am sure some of the other Houston-area members of this board would love to help out too.

Let us know if something gets going...

Keep us informed. I would be willing to help out with what ever I could. I am sure on a Saturday and maybe even a Sunday we
could help him out. Let us know.

I put in a call to the owner..Mike... today but he was out of pocket so i`ll call him tommorrow.And yes Dee...I would love to do an afternoon dive.I will pvt a mess. to you with my #`s You will have to call me to see where I`m at.The trucking business is crazy but I am usually home between 4-6 pm sometimes earlier.
I think your idea is a great thing and I`m almost positive Mike will go for it. Hopefully will find out tommorrow then we`ll go from there.And to all the others that responded,THANKS!!!!
Odin and I are diving there sunday at or around 3 pm weather permitting so if any one eles would like to join us,drop me a line or come on out.

Back
Top Bottom