New Servers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the dead Gallery...?
Don, we'll be updating the gallery soon we hope. That should be before the cross over.

I've been away from this forum lately bcs it just takes too long time load pages :depressed:. Coming to write this messege it took 9 min :shakehead: after clicking Scubaboard in my browser.. Record of all the possible places in the internet ever (well.. allmost :wink: )
So what the heck has happened :confused:

Something tells me, while ScubaBoard does, admittedly, has some technical challenges to overcome right now, your issue extends far past that. I would think that you are likely battling a slow connection speed (which is always a problem in today's WWW world). Even through the worst issues, I have had pages load very slowly, not load at all, but never 9 minutes.

IIRC these issues are similiar to why we had to expand our servers last time, am I correct Pete?

It's like a highway... we just need more internal infrastructure with better on and off ramps!

Our Data server is SOOOOOOO maxed out that it is using a metric butt tonne of swap memory, which is achingly slow! Scotty is giving us all she can muster, and we are only on impulse power!

The reality is that we are our own worst enemy. We are slow only because we are so stinking popular! Growing is fun, but it can be painful!

It's like a highway... we just need more internal infrastructure with better on and off ramps!

Our Data server is SOOOOOOO maxed out that it is using a metric butt tonne of swap memory, which is achingly slow! Scotty is giving us all she can muster, and we are only on impulse power!

The reality is that we are our own worst enemy. We are slow only because we are so stinking popular! Growing is fun, but it can be painful!

Wonder if someone is excited about the new Star Trek movie . . .

I would think that you are likely battling a slow connection speed (which is always a problem in today's WWW world). Even through the worst issues, I have had pages load very slowly, not load at all, but never 9 minutes.
Slow connection too, I admit. I'm bit suspecting Scubaboard pages just are having too many fancy "gimmicks" eating much more bits than convenient (StarDancerPictureShowRolling ...)
And in 9min it's not a single page.. It's Homepage/Forums/Thread/LogIn/Reply.. :coffee:

I have a superfast connection, but I have serious connectivity issues with SB -- often the pages won't load at all. When they do, it takes a good 30 seconds.

Will donating help?

The new data server should be here on the 15th, the drives should arrive by 16th.

I am in Key Largo with Captain Slate helping to run an ITC this weekend. I probably will be traveling to Orlando on Thursday to install them the three servers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom