New Site is very Sliggish and Keeps making my computer Freeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a basic incompatibility with IE8 and the version of .vBulletin that we're running. I don't think there's a fix coming from the developer either.

One solution is to upgrade to IE9, Firefox or Chrome. There's a thread in this forum about Opera working well also.

Well that really sucks. Since this is my networked machine at work I will have to jump through hoops and make sacrifices to the gods and then I might have a chance of an upgrade. But I might get more work done if I keep having problems :D

My computer is old, I delete history when I leave computer, it seems to do the trick for running fast on any site.

One comment I will say is this add to the right is a hair product, yesterday on youtube checkin out whitney houstons death I hit a funny girl that does hair youtubes, I hit a few different ones as There was a rip one and thought she died in car accident, and she was a very good actor and funny. NOW I have a hair color add to the right, Coincidence possibly, anyways IJS.

vBulletin, the software that "IS SCUBABOARD" - (which is a product that we pay for, and have not developed on our own) has flat out stated that they will only support the latest browser versions at the time of release of the build. This build of vBulletin works best with Chrome v. 17. IE 9, and Firefox 9 (as 10 had not yet been released as deployment of our current version 4.1.10 came online)

Firefox has gone from version 4 last year to version 10. This in and of itself makes it very difficult for developers to keep up with and change code to meet the latest and greatest of browsers.

With that said. ScubaBoard will work the best with the browser versions I listed. I use Chrome, and have for years. Chrome is very clean and stable. I test SB on IE and Firefox, and see no issues with version 9 of either. Keep in mind that each person's computer, browser plugins (addons), resources available, and allocation of those resources will effect your browsing experience.

Additionally elements of facebook and google also appear on SB. If their websites are having issues and you use an older browser that may load pages in a different order... you'll experience slower than normal page loads.

Currently, the SB servers are serving up pages in record time, so if you have a slow response, it may be due to some other element, and possibly dumping your cache and/or tossing cookies may simply solve your lag?

Since the server switch over, my computer also freezes (about 3 times a week) and I have to kill all open tabs in Explorers. This never happened before that I remember. But I do like the new look and it does seem to run faster.

My computer is old, I delete history when I leave computer, it seems to do the trick for running fast on any site.

One comment I will say is this add to the right is a hair product, yesterday on youtube checkin out whitney houstons death I hit a funny girl that does hair youtubes, I hit a few different ones as There was a rip one and thought she died in car accident, and she was a very good actor and funny. NOW I have a hair color add to the right, Coincidence possibly, anyways IJS.

That's nothing. At work I was looking for condom catheters for a few days during lunch. I swear every ad on just about every site I went on had nothing but condom catheter ads for about 1 month.

Back
Top Bottom