New SLC Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevindwhite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone. I'm a new diver in located in Salt Lake City, UT. Actually, I'm not a diver yet. My Open Water course starts this Saturday. But my first trip is coming up very soon, July 14-20 in Key West & Key Largo.

I would really appreciate any recommendations or pointers people can give me on tour operators in Key West & Key Largo as well as accommodations. I am having real trouble deciding where to stay and who to book my dives with. I want to dive two days in location. I'm going by myself on this first trip so a friendly operator that attracts a good group would be ideal. As for accommodations, I want some place that is going to be nice for a single adult. Not that I don't like kids, I just don't need them running around the hotel after a full day of diving.

Hi Kevin and welcome to ScubaBoard.

I've dove with Conch Republic and would recommend them. You also may want to post some questions in our Florida forum. The members there are a lively bunch :wink: and should be able to hook you up.

You'll also just miss our Invade the Keys Diving and Partying Extravaganza. Anyway you can come down a little earlier? Invade the Keys 2008

Welcome to Scubaboard. I have never done Key Largo. I did dive Key West off of a cruise ship. I wasn't the best diving I have ever done but it is better than Wendover. :D

Check with some of the Florida Conchs and get recommendations from them.

Have fun. Dive safe.

Art

Welcome to Scubaboard. I have never done Key Largo. I did dive Key West off of a cruise ship. I wasn't the best diving I have ever done but it is better than Wendover. :D

Check with some of the Florida Conchs and get recommendations from them.

Have fun. Dive safe.

Art
It's not like you haven't been invited! PPPHHHTTTTT

Hello everyone. I'm a new diver in located in Salt Lake City, UT. Actually, I'm not a diver yet. My Open Water course starts this Saturday. But my first trip is coming up very soon, July 14-20 in Key West & Key Largo.

I would really appreciate any recommendations or pointers people can give me on tour operators in Key West & Key Largo as well as accommodations. I am having real trouble deciding where to stay and who to book my dives with. I want to dive two days in location. I'm going by myself on this first trip so a friendly operator that attracts a good group would be ideal. As for accommodations, I want some place that is going to be nice for a single adult. Not that I don't like kids, I just don't need them running around the hotel after a full day of diving.
Welcome to the board!!!
I think I took my rescue through Scuba Utah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom