New spearo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been going on south fl divimg headquarters n some solo n some w groups....been doimg just fine gettimg the basics.....ill get bigger fish later small stuff been treating me right....yellowtail n porgys n mangrove snapper......good eating so far......im excited to hit bug knes later n take a ride to the bottom gonna be fun :wink: n i dont get offensive to strangers on a damn website i appreciate the tips lol take care

Oh hellz yah first catch!!!!

Attachments

• 1564098034405.jpg
    1564098034405.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 114
Good for you !
You, as we all did begin some were and some how to impale our finny adversaries. Be well prepared and be selective in what you spear. Slowly but surely develop a reputation as a knowledgeable effective spearfisherman. You can be judged by how and what you spear.

You are no longer in Hoosierville-- what was considered a large fish in the fresh water of Indiana may and probably will be considered marginal if harvested from salt water, There is a faction who considers a large stringer of barley legal fish a sign of a great spearfisherman but they are their worst enemies and a acknowledged threat to the fish population- the fish require tine to mature and reproduce,

The true spearfisherman will attempt to shoot larger fish which will provide as much meat as a number of small fish with a fraction of the effort - It is called "selective spearfishing fishing"
(A tern made famous by the Great Sam Ichakawa of the Nesi Kelp Twanglers before you were born)

Always bear in mind Spearfishing is one of modern man's most noble activities

I will leave you with several paragraphs from the Fathers
"We Fathers of Free Diving and Spearfishing have been honored as the pioneer participants in a noble sport where one matches their skill in a very hostile environment with that of his finny adversary in an activity that has become internationally known as "Spearfishing."

Spearfish with great dignity and pride in this the noblest of all man's activities, but with restraint and selective spearfishing rather than wholesale slaughter, for with every activity there is a Beginning; a Middle; and an
End.......
....."

We the "Fathers" of this great activity were honored to have been a participant in the Beginning, we are some where past the Middle and if precautions aren't established and restraints aren't practiced the End of spearfishing can be in the immediate future"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back
Top Bottom