New Taxi App?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw this posting about the taxis.
Not sure if the prices will match the official rate or if this is a way for the drivers to name their own price.

Translation copied from CZM NOTICIAS

"THE NEW APP EIBY TAXI IN COZUMEL IS NOW WORKING

The first units can now be viewed on the digital platform. This New Alternative to Mobility in Cozumel is being operated by the Adolfo Lopez Mateos Taxi Drivers Syndicate and is for all those who have experienced the frustration of waiting taxis that never arrive or deal with the lack of available units,

This new Uber-type app lets you get the taxi faster, air-conditioned and you decide if you take the service that is actually a bit more expensive than the usual fare.

With this app just indicate your departure point and destination, and the app will provide you with the estimated prices for your trip! Plus, now you have the convenience of paying by card straight from the app.

Among the fares that are already visible range from the 139 pesos from San Miguel 2 to the Felix González Canto and for those who want to go from the Magisterio to Playa Mia, it fluctuates at 307 pesos for up to 4 people.

Also those who lose their hotel transportation, the app allows you to take them to the Cozumeleño hotel for 233 pesos.

That was the post.

Not sure if the prices will match the official rate or if this is a way for the drivers to name their own price.

The first units can now be viewed on the digital platform. This New Alternative to Mobility in Cozumel is being operated by the Adolfo Lopez Mateos Taxi Drivers Syndicate and is for all those who have experienced the frustration of waiting taxis that never arrive or deal with the lack of available units,

This new Uber-type app lets you get the taxi faster, air-conditioned and you decide if you take the service that is actually a bit more expensive than the usual fare.

With this app just indicate your departure point and destination, and the app will provide you with the estimated prices for your trip! Plus, now you have the convenience of paying by card straight from the app.

Among the fares that are already visible range from the 139 pesos from San Miguel 2 to the Felix González Canto and for those who want to go from the Magisterio to Playa Mia, it fluctuates at 307 pesos for up to 4 people.

Also those who lose their hotel transportation, the app allows you to take them to the Cozumeleño hotel for 233 pesos.

That was the post.
Hope the app is on Google play and IOS and not an app you load from them that has not been checked for virus/malware. Don't load software from untrusted source and if from taxi union....

That was the post.
It looks to me like it calculates the fare point to point rather than zone to zone.

There are two Eiby Taxi apps in the apple store and I'm not sure which one is the right one. A user on reddit posted about this. The problem is the app texts a code for registration and it doesn't send to +1 numbers, which is pretty much all tourists and many expats.

Downloaded on Google play. Their are 2 apps, one for drivers and one for customers. No problem with entering +1 and phone number (I have US number) and creating account (need to take picture).
Still buggy, can go from town to hotel but not hotel to town. Anywhere near Ferry automatically gives higher (starts at 150) fare (Ferry to Villa Aldora). Move 1 block away and fare from Aldora to villa Aldora was 86.60. As I mentioned, you cannot select Villa Aldora to Aldora (yet) for some reason. You can see cabs moving around town (only a few as of now) live Uber.
Aldora to Westin was 131.00 so distance based. But Ferry to westin was still 150.00.

Which app is for drivers and which for customers?

"Eiby Taxi Cliente" (taxi client) on Google play
The "Eiby Taxista" is for Taxi drivers (Need license plate photo, driver photo....)

Still buggy, can go from town to hotel but not hotel to town.
Getting a taxi in town is easy; what I might be interested in would be getting a taxi at the hotel (Blue Angel), so it's not much use to me yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom