New TLS350. Major Dampage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a TLS a few years back new. I have the same exact problem with dampness. There is a very thin film of water on the outside (never wet on the inside) of my undies after every dive. It dries usually within a few minutes of unzipping and I also have the same problem with the leaking exhaust. I emailed DUI about it and was asked to try to dive the suit with the valve a couple clicks closed and that seemed to help a bunch.
I wrote the dampness off as condensation forming on the inside of the suit. Unlike your situation mine does not happen in my feet due to the feet being made from the compressed neoprene.

Also I have noticed I was quite suprised how much I sweat while diving. The undies do a great job of wicking it away which could be some of your issue too.

So I dove with some sweatpants and a sweatshirt as the shop suggested and found some localized wetness.

Neck was nice and dry, shoulders were too; there no moisture near where the dump valve rests (I was told to dive with the exhaust valve a few clicks closed, much as al248 was told). I did get quite a bit of moisture near the wrist seals (they were sitting flat on my wrist, and I do not have any pronounced tendons, etc etc) and below my chest, near the midriff. Also, one of my knees was pretty damp. We'll see what the shop says!

al248005, thanks for the anecdote on what you've seen with your TLS.

One thing I will say is that the night/day difference between the Polartec and cotton sweats was immediately obvious. Undergarment is well worth the money!

Back
Top Bottom