new to area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beyond_Diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everybody... SO I just moved to the Mississauga area, and don't know anybody. Does anybody wanna meet up for a cup of coffee or something? hit me up... :coffee:

No offense, but that must really suck.....coming from Cancun to Mississauga. Welcome to the area. Do you dive cold waters?

It is a bit of a change.... cold water, warm water, low vis, no vis, as long as I can be underwater, it doesnt matter to me...

Excellent outlook. Most of the time I would rather be diving warm clear water with lots of colourful fish but still do 40-100 cold water dives each year. I am waiting on delivery of my new Evolution 2 drysuit. I hope to be taking it for a test run mid April.

So, I see you made it out to meet up with some of the folks at Humber Bay. Did you get to dive? Are you a drysuit diver or wet? I will let you know when I will be doing my first drysuit dive. It will be at Cedar Hill I am almost certain. Funny thing is, I will be diving a lot of new things that day.....new suit....drysuit even, new wing (up from a poodle jacket), new fins, new mask.....I will be a complete NEWB almost :rofl3:.

haha. nice.. yeah, I went up yesterday, but I didnt get to dive. all of my stuff is coming with the movers.
In this area, I will not be diving wet.. haha.. that is just too cold for my taste.. drysuit all the way. I am sure I will look like a n00b myself the first few dives. Even though I have been using a drysuit for awhile, the thicker undergarments will throw my buoyancy off completely @ first...

How long til the movers arrive? If you have everything you need to dive the cold waters but it is on a "truck" somewhere.....I'd be going nuts (although many would say that is a short trip for me :D).

They are delivering everything tomorrow. I had to go to customs and clear it today... I still need to buy tanks though... But that's probably going to be a little while before I can (have to land a job first)...

Back
Top Bottom