New to board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyPete

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and give a brief background. I grew up in KY, but got certified through divemaster while living in Atlanta for three years. We moved back to KY two years ago, which is great except for being so darn far away from the water. Now, I only get to dive 2-3 times a year. Unfortunately, I never really got to do anything with my DM, but I am glad I earned it.

Below is list of the places I've had a chance to dive since getting cert. in 1999.

Lake Jocasse, SC
Lake Lanier, GA
Maui, HI
Cancun, Mexico
Clearwater, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Ginnie Springs/Blue Grotto, FL
Marathon Key, FL
Rock quarry near Louisville, KY
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Aruba
Key Largo, FL (just last week)

Next time you go diving try Cozumel or even better come-on up to the great white north and dive in the lovely fresh water's of Canada!!!
Barb:D

KyPete,
Welcome to the board. I'm also originally from the Bluegrass state. I still visit kin around Lexington frequently. There is a growing contingent from KY on the board.
DSAO,
Larry

Greetings, Pete.

I did my OW cert dives at Ginnie Springs and the Blue Grotto in FL in February. Now I'm ready for some "real" diving.

Good to have you on the board.

The The Kentucky Piranha Patrol are a pretty lively bunch. I've met a few of them already. Check their postings out in the NDI Clubs section of the board.

Hope to see you soon.

KY Dan

Always nice to see more Kentucky Divers around.

As has been pointed out check out the KPP section. We dive locally pretty regularly and we post most of our trips on the board so that any one who wants to join us can. All are welcome.

Chad

Welcome welcome to the board...

Beware of the other Kentucky folk...they have a fettish with diving in the cold water during february.....

They're crazy.....

Rachel

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Dive Safe..............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom