New-to-me Zeagle Status II...now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Bowkley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a bunch of used gear (lost a bunch of weight and needed a smaller BC) and with it came an old Zeagle Status II computer. I can't find diddly squat about it online, except that once upon a time it was highly coveted. I'd like to get my hands on a copy of the manual and maybe a download cable. Does anyone around here have a copy or can point me towards one?

You got me curious. I found this link that explains it a bit, but still no manual.
Scuba & Outdoors - Computers

Pretty likely that unit was made by another company, if you can figure out which one they probably used the same cable. But good luck finding the software!!

Old manuals were probably scrubbed from the Zeagle site when Huish took over. Doesn’t mean a dealer might not have access to a more extensive download library - check with one.

maybe the computer with a floppy drive will also be running Windows 95...

I use Subsurface, which supports basically every computer on the planet. It'll probably run a Commodore in a Ziploc bag. Buuutt....I still need to know what cable to use and how to push the button and make it do things.

The Status computers were made by a Finnish company, Benemec. I don't believe they are in business any longer. They were known for being quite liberal.

As I recall (assuming the brain cells aren't failing me) the interface was IrDA, and the port was a window in the back.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom