New to Scuba Board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey ScubaBoard!

I'm Cathy Guinovart. I grew up in Key Largo, FL. I'm a sophomore at Florida International University studying Education and Environmental Studies because I want to teach people about our oceans and the value of protecting them. I've always loved the ocean and diving. I learned this passion from my dad, Miguel Guinovart who is a commercial and competitive freediver and spearfisherman. I recently got scuba certified with my good friend Pete Murray, or as you guys know him, NetDoc. I hope to continue learning and advancing as a diver, getting all of the certifications and experience I can.

I'm also an intern at Florida International University's Medina Aquarius Reef Base specializing in education and outreach about this valuable research laboratory. The Aquarius Reef Base is a one of a kind complex human habitat that rests 63 feet underwater off the coast of Key Largo that specializes specifically in marine research and exploration. Through this internship I want to educate people in not only the beauty and mystique of the ocean, but also the habits and lifestyles necessary to protect it.

I'm really excited to start using ScubaBoard to meet and communicate with more people who understand the value of our oceans and love diving!

~ Cathy

Good for you on your career goals. I've been doing that for nearly 50 years and it gives me great satisfaction, especially when I hear from non-divers that they really enjoyed one of my weekly newspaper columns or cable TV show episodes.

Awesome! Sounds like you have an exciting career ahead of you! I am new here also, glad to meet you and look forward to seeing you on the forums!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom