New to ScubaBoard and to Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USMCscuba10

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to diving and to ScubaBoard. I heard about ScubaBoard through my Dad, who reads this site a lot! He's always telling me something he read on here, and stuff he's learned. I got 18 dives under my belt, and looking forward to adding another 2 this weekend at Lake Jocassee. My LDS is having a pumpkin carving contest. Looking forward to it. Also, looking forward to reading and posting on ScubaBoard.

-Josh

Welcome to the board Josh! Pumpkin carving contest sounds fun, be sure and post details about it here!

Welcome to SB. Have fun pumpkin carving.

Hi Josh,

Welcome to SB! Underwater Pumpkin carving contests are fun! Here's some advice, the pumpkins will float like a cork, so bring an extra weight to put in it to keep it down while you are carving!

Have fun!

Thanks everybody!

rwgodfrey: Hey Dad! I got a pumpkin. Now, time to wash it, gut it, and then come up with a design.

Scuba Sciences: Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do that!

Captain Walt: "Logged Dives: I'm a Fish!" ... I love that!

Pumpkin Carving Contest Update:

It was a lot of fun! I'm pretty sure my pumpkin was definitely the worst one, however. My pumpkin had a look of horror on his face with a hammer stuck to the side of his head. The winner carved a scuba diving pumpkin. Had a smaller pumpkin as the regulator.

I went on a second dive after the contest off the stern of the Chinese junk, and down the wall located there. About 107' and 56 degrees. A great dive. Lots of fun.

After the second dive, we took the boat back across the lake and the owner, manager, and dive instructors from the DS grilled out for all of us. Had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone.

Back
Top Bottom