New to St. Pete!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble eater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just moved down here to St. Pete and I'm looking to find some people to dive with! I'm most excited to check out Venice beach and find some shark teeth. Everyone tells me how bad the diving on the west coast of FL is, but I'll take that as a challenge to find great diving. My partner just finished her open water this past weekend in FT. Lauderdale and I've been diving for a few years, mostly up in Northern California! I'm itching to get back in the water, especially since I've got a dive buddy now. I'm excited to get into this warm, low vis water on this west coast. So! With that said....HELLO! Let go diving! :)

Also, I'm looking to find her an xs or small used BC. If anyone has anything laying around...let me know! :) - Kelly :)

Welcome to the St. Pete area. Diving in the Gulf is NOT the same as diving in the Ocean, but it has its own appeal. It is a GREAT place to spearfish, unlike the other coast. I would recommend a dive book by Ned Deloach "Underwater Florida". You can get one pretty cheaply from ebay that may be a few years out of date but the info is still good. Most of the diving off this coast is a long and expensive boat trip out. Typically you will spend $75-$130 for a dive charter on this coast vs. $50-$75 on the east coast.
About the BC: the dive shop I was certified is going out of business and is selling off all the rental gear so he may have this small size left. I will check and get back to you.

WELCOME TO FLORIDA THE DIVING CAPITAL OF THE US! ITS AWESOME HERE!

Welcome to St Pete and to the Scubabaord. You will find a wealth of knowledge here! We are diving Spanish Rocks Oct 18th, you two should join us!
-Jess

Welcome! Also take a look at the "Happy Hour October 10th" thread - I believe it'll be in St. Pete this time, so we'd love to have you join us!

Hiya and welcome to the area :bounce2:

As for gear; let me see what I have. Time for me to go through everything anywhoozle. :) btw, yes you do have the right area. Hope to see you at the M&G that Sadie mentioned.

is anyone diving on black friday, i hope the lines will be shorter he he he

Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just moved down here to St. Pete and I'm looking to find some people to dive with! I'm most excited to check out Venice beach and find some shark teeth. Everyone tells me how bad the diving on the west coast of FL is, but I'll take that as a challenge to find great diving. My partner just finished her open water this past weekend in FT. Lauderdale and I've been diving for a few years, mostly up in Northern California! I'm itching to get back in the water, especially since I've got a dive buddy now. I'm excited to get into this warm, low vis water on this west coast. So! With that said....HELLO! Let go diving! :)

Also, I'm looking to find her an xs or small used BC. If anyone has anything laying around...let me know! :) - Kelly :

And a belated welcome. Why not come to the next M&G and get the low down on who is doing what. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/262233-m-g-december-12-msscubas.html

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom