New to the area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acxc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am back to school in Northwestern PA and because I missed diving so much last summer I brought all of my equipment with me. I have no clue where to start as where to actually go diving or people to dive with. So if anyone can help me in any way or be willing to dive with me I've been here a week and I'm already ready to get back in the water. I have about 400 dives with most of them at Dutch Springs. I'm up for any type of diving and do have the benefit of a drysuit. So yea any advice or contacts would be great.

Hey acxc,

Welcome back and welcome to ScubaBoard. Here is the best way to really get connected with divers in our area: On Oct. 9-11 at Gilboa Quarry, we hold our annual Fall Meet & Greet. There is a sticky about this at the top of this page. We also have a Spring M n G every year to kick off the diving season. Our GLWC is a great group of very active divers and we would love to have you join us for the weekend to dive, eat, and socialize; we really have a blast. You have already become a GLWC member when you posted on our site. We have no dues or formal meetings, but we are an active and close-nit group. Great Lakes and Ocean trips are organized every year in this group, plus you have no trouble finding a dive buddy on short notice to join you at any of our local quarries. Tell us a little more about yourself in your public profile. Hey, nice having you aboard.:D

Where in NW PA are you? I'm in Clarion for a few months at least although home base is Detroit.

Also, most PA divers post in Wreck Valley although NW PA really crosses into GLWC as well.

Paula

Thanks for the quick responses. The Gilboa thing sounds like a lot of fun- that's my fall break but since I'd only really go home to get a few dives in at Dutch this sounds like a better move.

And I am in Meadville, home is just outside of Philly, exactly an hour from Dutch. So to do any diving that way I might as well just go home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom