New to the Board from Vancouver, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gujustud

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
29, going onto 30 this weekend.

Got my OW Cert. at Subsurface Fiji on Beachcomber Island in 2005. Had a BLAST. Met some amazing people, and logged 7 dives. The 2nd last one being Supermarket (shark dive, what a rush!)

2 years later, went to Cuba, and logged 2 dives at the Bay of Pigs. Wasn't the greatest diving, very choppy, but was nice to get back in the water again.

2 years later (this March) went to St. Lucia, and logged 3 more dives. Much better diving then Cuba (but not compared to Fiji). Again it was nice to get back in the water again.

Heading to Thailand this March (2010) with my wife on our long overdue honeymoon (1-1/2yrs!). The plan is for her to do her OW classroom/pool dives here in Vancouver, then do her OW dives in Thailand. We are looking at maybe diving in 2-3 places, depending on how much she likes it. We definitely want to make a live-a-board one of them.

I'm a wedding photographer as a full time job. As much as I'd love to take down a dSLR with me, cost of the cases are way too much, specially now that i'm in the slow season. That being said, my wife bought me a awesome little Canon sd780 IS which shoots 720p HD, so i'm looking at getting either the Canon WP-DC31 or the Ikelite 6240.78. I'm leaning more towards the Ikelite. It's around $80 more, then the Canon, but the options for wide angle, strobes etc, are better for down the road.

Well thats about it! Looking forward to reading more here!

(fyi attached two images from my dives in Fiji. One is of me from my 4th dive, and the other from the 6th shark dive. Both images were taking on a Sealife 35mm film camera)

Attachments

• normal_1171989-R1-005-1..jpg
    normal_1171989-R1-005-1..jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 8
  • normal_1171987-R1-039-18..jpg
    normal_1171987-R1-039-18..jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Happy Birthday. Sounds like some cool trips.

Thank you!

Believe it or not, I have yet to dive locally. I keep saying I want to do it, but I get so busy during the summer months with work, that I never seem to do so. I just need to put some time aside and try it out. I guess I need to take a cold water course?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom