New to the East Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlbertaDan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Moving to the east coast of Newfoundland and wondering about any good dive sites in the Brigus area? Has anyone ever dove in this part of NL? is it worthwhile to do a shore dive? Have a place in Clarke's Beach about 5 mins away from both Brigus and Bay Roberts.

Before I go diving in this area I also need to learn dry suit diving. Is there any instructors to to teach this in this part of the world?

You can still dive wet on the East Coast, but diving in a DS here in Atlantic Canada is certainly a godo idea too! The surface temp of the water where I dove last weekend was 47*F and I dove wet without a second thought. If you don't have the money for a Dry Suit, just make sure you have a 7m wetsuit with a 7mm vest and hood, and you'll still be fine for another month or 2. May be even longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom