New to this!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divershane1

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pensacola, Fl diver who is new to scubaboard and forums in general. Looking to meet safe divers in the area to dive with. Enjoy all types of diving.

:admingreet:

Welcome to the boards. I have a feeling everyone you meet on scuba board will think they are a safe diver. Only way to find out is to dive with them.

Hey Sean. 25+ trips to the mighty-O? I'm jealous! -Scott

:grinjester:

I know some who have 200+ dives on the O! They DM charters there. It's also due to the fact that it's in our backyard to, so that helps. It is a pretty cool dive though. I have taken a fair amount of pics on the O. I always enjoy a dive there. It can get crowded, but there is plenty for all to see.

Have you made adive on the St. Andrews jetties? I heard they where pretty cool. If so any advice on when to or when not. Thanks...Shane

Have you made adive on the St. Andrews jetties? I heard they where pretty cool. If so any advice on when to or when not. Thanks...Shane

I've done them often. They are about like the Pensacola jetties / Ft Mcrae etc. I'll hit them on the way in from the Gulf if we have some air left in the tanks and it's a nice day. They aren't particularly special. Just watch the tides/currents and watch out for boaters and you'll have no problems.

I'm definitely heading to P'cola for an O trip in the new year.

Sounds good! If you need charter info I know a couple good 6 pack boats. They are cat hull boats and they are quick out and back. Captain's are cool to. They are the usual 2 tank with 1 hr sit between dives. Use to be 4 people min to go out, but they like 6. If you have a boat there are alot of sub-surface bouy to tie off to, about 20 to 35 ft deep. Some Capt's are touchy about theirs if they show up. Most are around the tower. Anyway thanks for the jetty info...Shane

Yeah definitely hit me up with your recommendations. I've got a boat, but no trailer and I'm not cruising it all the way there. I haven't dove Pensacola since I moved here seven years ago; so I don't know anyone there anymore.

I have 2 names for dive charters. Blue Water Adventures & Dr. Dive. They are great boats and great Captain's. They have web sites as well. Or you can book a charter through Dive Pros Dive shop. They are a great shop with fiendly people there. They are a complete shop. The dive boats are also located at a marina with a awesome place to eat called The Fish house. After the dive put your gear in your vehicle then step 50yds away to a great place to eat and have a cold one on the deck. Hope that helps......Shane.....Divershane1@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom