New too - /5/19/07 Tampa Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstroDad:
I won't be in the house either. :) Me and a few friends get together once a month and go camping on New Moon weekend. New Moon because that's when there is no moon - as in it's dark. Drink beer and fish during the day, play with telescopes at night...

Kewl :14: Sounds like a fun group .... I will make sure to check my calander next time we plan :wink:

I should be able to make this one, we'll see...sounds like fun though.....

it's a pretty good dive too....

Heya, I was just thinking, this is an intro thread. Sakik if it is okay with you, I may ask a mod to at least move/merge this with the Tampa thread. That way if more want to come along to dive and have pizza....

So get r dun ..... now all we need to know is.
Where are we going??
Do you have a address near by that i can mapquest?
Kim P

Greetings Y'all. Here we go. Take I-75 south to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercoastal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park.
The other option is to meet somewhere up here around Brandon and then you guys can follow me down. I'm not sure about the car pooling because I don't know how many I will have with me. The wife has expressed an interest and COTampa always has dibs on a ride. As soon as I get confirmation from those two I will let you guys know about carpooling.
So what is the rundown of who all will be there? I'm just trying to see what I have gotten myself into:wink:

Haha, Thanks Divergirl for the "Newbie Pair-up". It should be a riot. (Love the Popcorn eating smiley!) See you then.

Sakik, you know the area well? Uuh...because I sure don't. Where and when do you want to meet up that morning? Thanks for the offer. I'll give you some gas money.
Sakik:
Ditto, need some directions though I do know the general area.

I'll be happy to pick anyone up from the Tampa area if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom