New Toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sculpin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Good evening all,
Just ordered 5050 with housing, don't know if I decided on it on my own or was influenced by what I have seen here however, I have an Ikelite 300 Substrobobe any opinions on how this will work and how?

Sculpin:
Good evening all,
Just ordered 5050 with housing, don't know if I decided on it on my own or was influenced by what I have seen here however,

Lisa! Kelphelper! Look! Another one has fallen under our evil influence, Bwahahahaha!!! :biggrin:

I have an Ikelite 300 Substrobobe any opinions on how this will work and how?
Which housing did you buy? Sorry, Sculpin, I have had the 5050 since June and still have not had the nerve to get a strobe set up yet - I am busy still trying to learn the camera! I am sure others can advise you here, though!

Welcome to the club!

Cheers,

The Ike 300 will not work with the digital camera, it may be reworked to use hardwired but as it is it would only make a giant wireless non ttl slave. I used my 400 that way several times, it was set off by a strobe connected to my camera.

nwdiver2:
The Ike 300 will not work with the digital camera, it may be reworked to use hardwired but as it is it would only make a giant wireless non ttl slave. I used my 400 that way several times, it was set off by a strobe connected to my camera.
Figured the 300 might work as it has a slave mode and so does the 5050.
Just have to get used to it without external for a while.

Back
Top Bottom