New Vancouver Island Diver Girl!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah i've heard of them as well, but not many good reviews.
You have 3 posts and you're slagging my favorite dive shop? Shame on you

I see you work for Sink or Swim Scuba. Ray will be getting a phone call tomorrow

Last edited:
yeah i've heard of them as well, but not many good reviews. Sink or Swim is newer, but boy do they ever know their stuff. the owners have been diving forever, and been all over the world diving. i love working there (just started). stop in sometime if you're in the area!

Please be very careful when to go slagging other shops in an area. These forums are visited by a wide variety of people, and anything negative you say in a public forum can (and may) be challenged.

You have now been noticed.

-S

funny i have heard many good reviews of the TDO and i quite enjoy the company and the people who dive there. They have a wealth of knowledge and done their share of diving.

Hello I have noticed that there are some great dive spots around Vancouver Island, I've been to few when I lived in Vancouver area, enjoy diving there!

Welcome...let me know if you need a tour of the Campbell River/Courtenay dive sites. We have quite an active dive community and there is always someone getting wet.

U/O

ATTENTION ALL USERS: I have had problems with this account recently with others signing in as myself and posting nasty comments such as the one above pertaining to another Dive shop. As i am frequently using a public computer, sometimes my information is stored (i know, stupidity on my part) and others can access my information. By no means whatsoever would EVER bad mouth another dive shop. In my eyes, that is EXTREMELY bad form. Every dive shop has the right to positive feedback and through my lack of privacy, this was not reached. I want to apologize to everyone on Suba Board, The Dive Outfitters and Ray and Shelagh at Sink or Swim Scuba for this lack of security on my part. I have a strong hunch as to who it is who has been into my account (i havn't signed in here since i joined to tell you the truth) and they will be talked to and dealt with as soon as humanly possible. This has also occured with my Facebook site as well in the past. Please, understand that i'm not this kind of person, i'm not someone who would say this about someone that i do not know personally, i just like to dive, that's it. Again, thank you for brinigng this awful act to my attention, my account will be deleted immediatly to avoid any future incidents.
Krystina.

yeah i've heard of them as well, but not many good reviews. Sink or Swim is newer, but boy do they ever know their stuff. the owners have been diving forever, and been all over the world diving. i love working there (just started). stop in sometime if you're in the area!

First let me say Welcome to the Board second you should never put down a shop you never been into and you haven't heard too many good review from who?? someone from another shop maybe:no: Believe me there is a lot of politic in the diving community and there is always a reason why, maybe it's a disgruntal ex manager or ex employees etc. If you had been in the shop and you had bad experience I would understand but to state "i've heard" is not the right to do.
Anyway I had some dealing with the TDO in Nanaimo and they were always very professional and easy to deal with.

My 2 cents

Al

ATTENTION ALL USERS: I have had problems with this account recently with others signing in as myself and posting nasty comments such as the one above pertaining to another Dive shop. As i am frequently using a public computer, sometimes my information is stored (i know, stupidity on my part) and others can access my information. By no means whatsoever would EVER bad mouth another dive shop. In my eyes, that is EXTREMELY bad form. Every dive shop has the right to positive feedback and through my lack of privacy, this was not reached. I want to apologize to everyone on Suba Board, The Dive Outfitters and Ray and Shelagh at Sink or Swim Scuba for this lack of security on my part. I have a strong hunch as to who it is who has been into my account (i havn't signed in here since i joined to tell you the truth) and they will be talked to and dealt with as soon as humanly possible. This has also occured with my Facebook site as well in the past. Please, understand that i'm not this kind of person, i'm not someone who would say this about someone that i do not know personally, i just like to dive, that's it. Again, thank you for brinigng this awful act to my attention, my account will be deleted immediatly to avoid any future incidents.
Krystina.

Krystina,

Thanks for posting this. Well done to own up to the security problem. Using "public" computers is always a security challenge. I've gone as far as wiping out the browser history on internet cafe computers in the past (and all temp directories).

If you would like assistance in "talking to" the person of interest, I'm sure a 'posse' could be arranged. :D

Hope to see you out diving in the near future.

Cheers,

-S

Back
Top Bottom