New Website on IPad ......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone got around the no flash problem with trying to use the new TDI website on the IPad? It's a bit of a shame that we can't use the new website on a mobile device. It would be nice to be able to finish a course and submit the student registration straight away and so on.

Dave

There are apps in the itunes store that will allow you to use flash but i have not used any of them due to heavy load on battery of ipad. I would read the reviews before installing as i have no direct user experience with them

Maybe someone should tell SDI that Flash is so 2008. :wink: I had the same problem.

I use iswifter app.......although not perfect, it makes it bearable.

When we originally rebuilt the site our goal was to build a rich, visually appealing and fully interactive application that was completely integrated.
We examined a number of different platforms to accomplish this goal, as there are a number of options available, all with good features and bad features, and we chose the flex framework for its usability, stability and ease of deployment. However, due to Apple restrictions, they do not currently support flash based web applications on their iOS devices. With this in mind, we are exploring other options to extend our application to iOS users including a potential stand alone iOS application.

There are currently a number of options available from third parties to run flash based web applications on iOS devices. Please view the iTunes store for more information.

Best work around I have found is app called Photon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom