New Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, my Henderson 5mil Hyperstretch is almost done. I'm looking to replace it. Any suggestions on what's out there? Thanks.

2nd the Thermaxx. Great wetsuit.

I'm looking too... I've always had Harvey's custom suits, but they seem to be out of business. Rack suits just don't fit me.
(NEXT time, Igor, steal all the parts from the SAME SIZED corpses!) Who makes a good custom farmer/shorty 10mm combo?

Oceaner out in BC makes full on customs to the best of my knowledge. I just ordered a custom dry suit, from a company here in Atlantic Canada called Abyss diving suits. I suffer a similar issue, when they sent my dimensions into Abyss they called back and said 28 inch inseam? Did you measure that correctly lol.....

I have the Henderson Thermaxx as well al really like it. My wife just got a Bare Evoke and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the quality and material. The men's version is called the Reactive. If something ever happens with my Thermaxx, I will replace it with the Bare.

My shop sells ScubaPro, Henderson, Bare, Waterproof, Hollis, and maybe another brand or two that I can't think of right now.

The ScubaPro EverFlex or the Henderson Thermaxx would probably be my top choices. I am personally partial to the EverFlex because it fits me really well. We have the Reactive and our guys that have them really like them. But, I have heard too many stories of issues with the main zipper on the Reactive, including from my shop owners that have them. For that reason, the Bare would not be in my list of top choices. The other options are, I think, just as good for comfort/warmth, but are seemingly just a bit more robust.

Just went through this as well. Have been a big fan of the Bare Velocity wetsuits and own a few. Need a need one as I have gained a few lbs and went with the Scubapro Everflex. So far Im happy with the choice. Henderson would be a good option too imo.

DO NOT BUY SCUBAPRO EVERFLEX with diagonal ZIPPER. It SUCKS, it takes two people to put on this suit with out damage.

(I dove the older straight zipper ever flex 3/2mm and loved the old one, hate the new style because the zipper is stupid).

Easy to get off, almost impossible to get on by yourself.

The new design is bad, seems to be change for the sake of change. Scubapro is doing something to be different from others, but not in a good way.

The zipper leverage is all wrong.

Straight zipper your shoulders come together and the upward movement can close zipper, diagonal zipper can cause a torque or unequal pull in most directions causing the zipper to pull sideways on teeth. Most the time won't close or binds. Based on reviews, it looks like it has broken teeth for other divers.

Always takes two people to put it on.

I do not think this is something a professional diver should ever want.

Unless you want your students, your friends or maybe your mom to help you get dressed for a dive.

Plus, the diagonal zipper Feels strange with pressure points from my steel backplate.
(I don't notice in water but miserable/ irritating when walking geared up with tank on beach backplates are designed with space at spine.)

I could feel pressure points on my lower back left, upper shoulder where back plate sets against my back (never noticed on straight zipper).

The best way I could describe is if feels kind of like having a fold or sock stuck in the back of your suit.

But it is warm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom