New wreck found off of Toronto Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amobeus

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this around, while putting my sail boat away this weekend I ran into a group of British divers coming into the Island marina who said they found and dove a new wreck about a mile and a half out from Center island. I gather From what they told me it is a large barge with a crane bent over on here port side. I never heard of this wreck but the digital photo they showed me looked great. These divers were from England working here in Toronto. Hopefully more will become of this and there may be a half decent dive to dive out side of the Toronto Harbour area.

Amobeus

Did you hear what the vis was like? can't be to good.

Hi

I would have to say the vis would be some what good as I did dive the Lyman M Davis in 130 feet of water which is a burnt boat this past summer. The divers came in on a ministry boat and the only reason I went over to talk to them is because the were unloading rebreathers and video gear.

Amobeus

I would think the viz would be relatively good this time of year. Much of the growth in the water would have died off by now.

tom better come down with his side scan and find a few for us :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom