New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, I'll be the first to mention it; I don't think it's too early to bring up New Years Day at Gilboa. People need to make plans. This will be a good chance to try out that new dive gear that Santa may bring to some of you.

Mike will be giving away a season pass on that day to the lucky diver who's there and whose name is drawn. I don't know the details on the drawing as to what part of the day it will happen or whether you have to stay there and be physically present to win. Also, if over 100 divers show up on that day, an UW scooter will be given away---How about that?!!! I don't know what kind or any of those details, but what the heck; you could own it for nothing more than a diving fee. Last year, 79 divers made their appearance and we had a great time diving and watching the premier of "Relive the Memory" One more thing: the office will be opened earlier than usual at 8:00 a.m. for check in, so be careful how you party the night before if you plan on coming early.

Let's hope we don't have a blustery, snow-blowing, blizzard day; that makes it tough to get motivated. Hope to see you there January 1, 2008---Diving is the best way to start out the New Year.:D

I knew someone would start a thread about a dive if I waited long enough :biggrin:

We were informally planning to go and now you've just told us there's a reason to get motivated and get there! Thanks for the head's up!
Ber :lilbunny:

Last I heard Ken was going to be there ... I know I will be! Anyone know if/when the Fire Truck is going into the quarry?!? I think they need to find a way to keep the lights working underwater!!! Lights + Strobes + Disco Ball & Dance Floor = Underwater Scuba Dance Party!!! Dork Divers Unite!!!

Ahhh... reasons to be home on New Year's Day! We'll see... I wonder if non-diving divers will be entered in the drawings. Diving? Are you nuts? Where's Ken... I KNOW he's nuts!

Absotively I'll be there! For you, I'll even drive if you want to go up as an observer. (or as a diver, we've proven my car can hold both our gear.)

Ken

Last I heard Ken was going to be there ... I know I will be! Anyone know if/when the Fire Truck is going into the quarry?!? I think they need to find a way to keep the lights working underwater!!! Lights + Strobes + Disco Ball & Dance Floor = Underwater Scuba Dance Party!!! Dork Divers Unite!!!

Methinks someone has started the party a bit early. Whatever you're drinking, I'll be there NYD to collect some - gosh it's gotta be good!

Scheduled to get the day of and the 2nd off, so I should be there. I am just hoping I can get a few friends to go with me. I usually go with the Rec Diving group and as far as I know, and Jim they are not planning to go. Hopefully that will change. Anyways AS of now I will be there.

Paint

I was there for NYD 2007- it was a blast and a great way to start the year. I would gladly go again, but I have plans for a Lake Michigan charter!

I should also mention that there is a Waffle House in Finday- start the new year with the breakfast of chumps- scattered, smothered, covered!

Hey, if you guys & gals want, I have a 35 min. video from my trip to Palau and Yap that I produced when I give programs to various organizations. I do a live narration as it plays. (only background music is on the program) If you want, we could warm up in the office during a SI, drink some coffee or hot chocolate, and watch the program:popcorn: --with or without the narration. I'll bring it along with me just in case. Man, I hope the weather doesn't crash this party!!

Back
Top Bottom