New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amber, I'll upload them in a little while when I get some time. I can also Email them one at a time if you PM your address to me.
Thanks Randy! It's easiest for me to have them in the gallery but I'll send you my email addy as well.

By the way, it was nice seeing you the other day. You always seem to be in a good mood.
SHHHHHH! You'll ruin my reputation :eyebrow:
Besides, people wonder what I'm up to when I smile all the time :dork2:

I bought the Gilboa DVD and who do you think the star of the show was? YOU!

:)
LOL! The quarry was the star but I was definitely a character :eyebrow: Ok, I'm always a character :jump3:
Ber :lilbunny:

I wanna try again in 2 weeks. That is a week from this Saturday. That would be January 12. My roommate will be home and if its scary driving, he can take the wheel.

Anyone else up for a dive????

If I get the drysuit by then, I might be up. I have an ice diving class there on the 19th, so it will be 2 weekends in a row. But I'd like to try the suit out in OW before using it in a class where I'll get some task loading anyway.

That was the first dive I had been on where I was truly glad to have the drysuit. The water was warmer than the air but brisk on my face and just watching the wetsuit guys get in sent a shiver down my spine.

That would be me. Not that I didn't tried to get a drysuit in time, it just didn't work out. Maybe tomorrow...*knocking on wood, crossing fingers & toes* :D

Steve told me I was constantly checking my computer as we moved toward the tubes and at one point I had to tell myself nothing was coming out of the darkness of the deep end to get me. I was happy when we saw Ken and Adam though for a moment my mind was muddy enough I couldn't tell what they were and I felt a little fear rising until the shapes turned into divers and waved.

My reg was occasionally breathing wet though it could have been the simple fact that my lips were numb and not sealing well on the mouthpiece. I inhaled water a couple times resulting in a brief coughing fit but finally got to the point where I could simply drink what I was occasionally drawing into my mouth on an inhale.

You had me worried. Especially when you removed your regulator. Or was it breathing wet because you removed it and you were too narced to realize you were trying to breathe without a second stage in your mouth??? :D

We moseyed through the helicopter and Steve said he was cold so we headed back to the safety stop area where we re-met up with Ken and Adam.

At that point, my fingers were in pain to the second knuckle on every finger. I could still work the inflator and dumps, but who knows how long that would last.

NYD2008.jpg

NYD.jpg

2008NYD.jpg

You had me worried. Especially when you removed your regulator. Or was it breathing wet because you removed it and you were too narced to realize you were trying to breathe without a second stage in your mouth??? :D

I took my regulator out? On the way to the tubes? I do recall having the urge to spit at one point but I'm not sure I remember actually removing the reg to do it.

Hey northen diver, are those images in your gallery on the board? I can't access them in photobucket. (stupid firewall thingy)

I took my regulator out? On the way to the tubes? I do recall having the urge to spit at one point but I'm not sure I remember actually removing the reg to do it.

Yikes! Yes. It looked like you were checking if it was leaking air, like you were anticipating a free flow.

That gave me an idea. Next time I think your narced I'll grab your butt since you won't remember it later. :D :D :D
:rofl3:

That gave me an idea. Next time I think your narced I'll grab your butt since you won't remember it later. :D :D :D
:rofl3:

Like I would be able to feel anything through all those undies and a drysuit...back off buckaroo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom