New Years dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mad~dog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So is it to early to start to talk about our annual new years day dive. It might be just a wading party if we don't get any rain.
Tim

So is it to early to start to talk about our annual new years day dive. It might be just a wading party if we don't get any rain.
No need to be a wading party. Everyone bring a few gallons of water, someone bring a kiddie pool (the smaller the better) and take turns. No BCs needed, as it's easier to get everything submerged if your tank is alongside, and you have to be fully underwater or it counts as surface-supplied. :D

Anyway, last year I was with J. over in Fukuoka, Japan. This year, I won't be in Japan... since J.'s coming over here for vacation. I imagine I'm going to be just as indisposed, but hey, it wouldn't be worth it if it were quick and easy, eh?

(Of course, at the rate its going, it'll end up being the Lanier Valley Looney Birds when I end up becoming a full member. :biggrin:)

I am talking heresy here with you guys, I know, but I am getting the shivers just thinking of getting in Lanier with my 7mm suit anytime this side of Memorial Day. I am thinking of getting a BARE Nex-Gen drysuit soon to enable me dive in Lanier when it really gets cold, like about now.

I know that doesn't make me looney, but cold water and me don't mix at all.
Any of you dive dry in Lanier and would like to relate you experience to a soon to be newbie drysuit diver?

THANKS!

I'll be diving dry, you can count on that.

the K

Clff and I've have dove it wet when water was 43 degrees. But that wont happen again. You know I'll be dry:D::mooner:
Tim

I've dove it wet too, dove with Clif one Febuary when the surface swim out to the marker was almost a white out with all the snow blowing across the lake. After that I went dry and have NEVER looked back.

I'll be there too. Been dry for a LOOOONG time!! I will probably only make one dive out there this year.

J:

Hey, Mad-Dog ! ! !

Good to hear from ya, Boy !!!

You too, JKS . . .! ! !

the K

Mad dog,
I'll be there wouldn't let you dive this one alone bring your dubbles
Willis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom