New Years in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karloss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is New Years like in Cozumel? We are considering it for next year for a change of pace. From what I have found it appears water temps are in the low 80's to high 70's so diving shouldn't be an issue. How frantic is the island from Christmas to New Years? Is it any worse than any other time of year? Thanks- Brian.

Weather has been great since I arrived mid December. Maybe one or two days of port closures to today and only one day of continuous rain. I think it is pretty quiet here in town as many locals are likely on vacation with their families. About the most traffic is from the cruise ships disgorging people onto the main drag (and beaches)with most gone again by early evening. That said, I would imagine the AI resorts are busy (you don't tend to see those people in town) and so that means dive ops are busy too. New Years eve brings some partying but nothing like the mainland. I would certainly plan to come if you can stomach the high airfares one gets dinged with in this period.
What is New Years like in Cozumel? We are considering it for next year for a change of pace. From what I have found it appears water temps are in the low 80's to high 70's so diving shouldn't be an issue. How frantic is the island from Christmas to New Years? Is it any worse than any other time of year? Thanks- Brian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom